Back to On Demand: Leadership for OSH Excellence With or Without Direct Authority
What You Will Learn
- Define what an OSH culture is, understand what to assess, and review what is necessary to improve OSH performance.
- Review the primary causes of workplace injuries and incidents.
- Identify unsafe attitudes, behaviors and other barriers to improvement from all levels of employees, including labor and management.
- Understand how attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors can create barriers that affect your organization's OSH performance and how you can effect constructive change.
- Define what an OSH leader is, regardless of position or level of authority, and the qualities needed to be effective
- Learn the importance of effective listening as the key to communication and empowerment.
- Develop effective techniques for selling your ideas internally. To discover the role of the leader as a change agent and sales person.
- Establish action plans for applying this knowledge on the job.
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Applies to beginner, intermediate, advanced and executive levels.
Michael Topf, President and CEO, Topf Initiatives
Michael Topf starting Topf Initiatives in 1980. He has consulted, designed and conducted training courses in executive leadership, management and line employee development and other areas of organizational effectiveness. He pioneered a holistic, integrated methodology to assist all levels of employees in creating an organizational culture committed to health, safety and environmental excellence by developing safe attitudes, beliefs and behaviors to prevent errors, injuries and health and environmental incidents. Topf clients include Fortune 100, 500 and 1000 companies related to a wide range of industries, including chemical, pharmaceutical, food processing and production, timber and logging, gas and oil exploration and pipelines. He has a B.S. in Biology and Chemistry, an M.A. in Applied Psychology and an M.A. in Theology.
On Demand Webinar.
By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
No refunds may be granted for live webinars or on-demand videos after the training product has been accessed and completed.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures.