What You Will Learn
- Review how infectious diseases like COVID-19 present challenges that can make your organization’s multicultural workforce more vulnerable to illness and fatality.
- Gain deeper understanding of how values, culture and beliefs can create communication barriers to preventing infectious diseases.
- Discuss proven strategies for protecting your multicultural workforce from infectious diseases.
Length & Time
1 day - 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM CST
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Beginner: 0-4 years
Our Live Virtual Classroom provides all the benefits of face-to-face instruction without the travel time. If you have a computer with a camera, audio and internet access, you’re ready to learn wherever you are at exactly the same time as other attendees. Instructors can see you and you can see them. Plus, you can ask questions and engage with other virtual learners in real time.
Hector M. Escarcega, CSP, M.S.I.H., ARM .
Hector Escarcega is president of Bilingual Solutions International Inc., a bilingual consulting and training firm specializing in corporate training and risk management. Escarcega has been a bilingual OSHA safety consultant, corporate trainer and motivational speaker for more than 35 years. He he is an OSHA trainer on topics such as construction, general industry, industrial hygiene, fall protection and confined spaces. Escarcega is a two-time past president of ASSP’s Los Angeles chapter and a founding member of of ASSP's Hispanic Safety Professionals Common Interest Group.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ASSP professional development, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ASSP’s use and distribution of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audio tapes of such events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures