What You Will Learn
- Review the requirements to take the CHST certification exam, evaluate your knowledge of content covered in the exam and develop an individual study plan to prepare for the exam
- Recognize steps to establish a safety management system using OSHA general industry and construction standards, as well as ANSI and ISO consensus standards
- Examine construction health hazards, industrial toxicology, fall protection, power tools, electricity, cranes and derricks, PPE, and proper labeling and handling of chemicals used on construction sites
- Recognize best practices for recordkeeping, job hazard analysis, prejob safety plans, investigation of incidents, site inspections, regulatory inspections and audits
- Examine successful hazard communication and training plans (including the Globally Harmonized System)
Length & Time
3 day - 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM CST
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Intermediate: 5-10 years
In Person Classroom
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ASSP professional development, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ASSP’s use and distribution of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audio tapes of such events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
Substitutions and Cancellations
Need to substitute one person for another? Please submit substitutions by May 30, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If pricing has changed, you will be charged or refunded the difference. After May 30, 2023 a $75 substitution fee will apply.
ASSP will grant full refunds to cancellation requests received by May 23, 2023, via email to CustomerService@assp.org. We will assess the following cancellation fees to cancellations received via email between May 24-30, 2023: Conference $200; Pre and/or post conference courses $150/course. Cancellations requested after May 30, 2023 will forfeit refunds in their entirety.