What You Will Learn
- Develop a safety management system to support your organization’s strategic and business goals
- Effectively assess and measure your organization’s safety performance
- Explore the influence of corporate culture and develop skills to effect changes that help your organization embrace occupational safety and health efforts
- Justify the where the safety function is best positioned within your organization’s corporate structure
- Apply leadership, negotiation and communication skills to positively influence the corporate safety management system
- Analyze key initiatives for creating high-impact safety performance
- Define and discuss best practices for safety performance enhancement
- Analyze appropriate adjustments to the safety effort in response to corporate mergers, downsizing, rightsizing and reorganizing
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Beginner: 0-4 years
Online-Instructor-Led: As a virtual learner, you’ll receive all the benefits of face-to-face instruction, eliminate travel cost and time, while learning in a structured way whether at work, at home or at another convenient location. To participate fully, you will need a computer with audio/video capability and a reliable internet connection.
During this four-week online course, you will connect with your peers in group discussions, participate in interactive learning activities, review instructional videos and complete assignments.
Each Thursday throughout the duration of the course, your instructor will hold a 90-minute online meeting from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. CT. These meetings are designed to facilitate group work, share expert knowledge, answer questions, provide feedback and offer active learning support.
James “Skipper” Kendrick, CSP, FASSP is a recognized thought leader in management, leadership, safety, education and training. A professional member and Fellow of ASSP, Kendrick holds the Society’s Certificate in Safety Management and Executive Safety Certificate, a 32-hour Certificate in Human Performance Improvement from the University of Idaho and certification as a Six Sigma Green Belt. He is a member of the inaugural class of ASSP’s Region III Safety Hall of Fame and a recipient of ASSP’s Edgar Monsanto Queeny Safety Professional of the Year Award. He has been recognized as Safety Professional of the Year by Region III as well as the Greater Baton Rouge and Fort Worth chapters. Kendrick is the co-creator and facilitator of ASSP’s Safety Management I and II and Corporate Safety Management courses, and he is an instructor in the Society’s Executive Safety Certificate program. Kendrick holds a B.S. in Industrial Technology from Louisiana State University.
Joel N. Tietjens, CSP, CSHM, FASSP is president of T-JENS & T-JENS Inc. based in Spring, TX. He is a professional speaker, seminar and workshop leader, and management consultant on safety and health management with more than 40 years of experience. His presentations at conferences, management meetings and seminars make him a sought-after speaker and seminar leader. Tietjens is an ASSP Fellow, the highest honor bestowed on members who have demonstrated life-long excellence in safety and service.
By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures