What You Will Learn
- Develop a safety management system to support your organization’s strategic and business goals
- Effectively assess and measure your organization’s safety performance .
- Explore the influence of corporate culture and develop skills to effect changes that help your organization embrace occupational safety and health efforts
- Justify the where the safety function is best positioned within your organization’s corporate structure
- Apply leadership, negotiation and communication skills to positively influence the corporate safety management system
- Analyze key initiatives for creating high-impact safety performance
- Define and discuss best practices for safety performance enhancement
- Analyze appropriate adjustments to the safety effort in response to corporate mergers, downsizing, rightsizing and reorganizing
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Intermediate: 5-10 years
Online-Instructor-Led: As a virtual learner, you’ll receive all the benefits of face-to-face instruction, eliminate travel cost and time, while learning in a structured way whether at work, at home or at another convenient location. To participate fully, you will need a computer with audio/video capability and a reliable internet connection.
During this four-week online course, you will connect with your peers in group discussions, participate in interactive learning activities, review instructional videos and complete assignments.
Each Thursday throughout the duration of the course, your instructor will hold a 90-minute online meeting from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. CT. These meetings are designed to facilitate group work, share expert knowledge, answer questions, provide feedback and offer active learning support.
Samuel J. Gualardo, CSP, FASSP
Sam Gualardo is a dynamic and nationally recognized expert in occupational safety and health management, who has lectured and consulted extensively both nationally and internationally and has authored books and articles on safety management. His consulting firm, National Safety Consultants Inc. specializes in helping organizations significantly change their safety culture and attain safety performance excellence. Gualardo is a faculty member at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, a past President of ASSP and a past president of the BCSP. He holds a B.S. in Safety Management and a M.A. Degree in Labor/Industrial Relations.
James Boretti, CSP
James Boretti has more than 30 years of experience in occupational safety and health. He is president of Boretti Inc., a firm that designs, develops and implements safety, health and environmental solutions. He is a professional member of ASSP and serves as Vice President for Region I. During his ASSP career, he has been a member of the Professional Conduct, Finance and Business of Safety committees. He has also served on the Council on Professional Affairs and been president of two chapters: Central Valley and Orange County. Boretti has received the Central Valley Chapter Safety Professional of the Year Award, the ASSP President’s Award and the Charles V. Culbertson Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service.
By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures