What You Will Learn
- Develop an understanding of rope access in context with other fall protection methods and a comprehensive managed fall protection program
- Review how prevention through design concepts pair with ergonomics
- Establish a foundational understanding of compliance as it relates to relevant standards, including OSHA regulations, ANSI/ASSP Z359 and Z459, and ISO TC 94 Rope Access documents
- Review specific rope access methods and techniques and how they can improve safety and expand access capabilities
- Differentiate between simple and complex rope access work sites, and the knowledge and skills relevant to each
- Describe the unique requirements of rope access equipment
- Establish a framework for managing a rope access program with attention to verified skills, established work systems, proper supervision and personal responsibility
Self-Paced (6-months access to the online course)
Intermediate: 5-10 years
Our self-paced online courses eliminate travel cost and time and allow you to learn independently while at work, at home or at another convenient location using a computer with audio and internet access. You can enroll in these courses at any time, receive immediate access to the course and assess your progress through instant feedback on quizzes and other learning activities.
Loui McCurley - CEO, Pigeon Mountain Industries Inc. (PMI)
Loui McCurley is CEO of PMI and founder of the Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT). For decades, she has worked on a global scale to improve knowledge, training and equipment to protect people who work at height. She has served as a member of the ANSI/ASSP Z359 committee on fall protection and as a SPRAT-certified rope access technician for more than 20 years, and has authored three textbooks on related topics. McCurley is recognized internationally as an authority on rope access and related fields including rescue, fall protection and safety at height.
Attendees agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
No refund is allowed for self-paced courses
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures