What You Will Learn
- Differentiate between human factors and ergonomics to better communicate their respective scopes and applications
- Explain the fundamental principles of human factors and their relevance in various contexts
- Recognize the correlation between poor human factors design and workload, stress, fatigue and errors
- Identify the underlying causes of human errors
- Analyze and enhance opportunities to minimize errors and reduce workload
Length and Time
1 day - 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM CST
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Beginner: 0-4 years
Live Virtual Classroom
Lawrence J H Schulze, Ph.D., P.E., CPE AND Mark D Hansen, P.E., CSP, CPE, CPEA, FASSP
By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
To attend this course, you agree to follow all local and ASSP event safety protocols in place at the time of the event. You also voluntarily accept the inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases and agree to not hold ASSP or its representatives liable for any illness related to that risk. You will be notified of any changes to this policy.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures