What You Will Learn
- Discuss ways to address context considerations when planning for infectious diseases
- Review how to plan for infectious disease in your occupational safety and health management structure
- Practice applying guidelines provided in ISO 45006
Length & Time
1 day - 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM CST
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Beginner: 0-4 years
Our Live Virtual Classroom provides all the benefits of face-to-face instruction without the travel time. If you have a computer with a camera, audio and internet access, you’re ready to learn wherever you are at exactly the same time as other attendees. Instructors can see you and you can see them. Plus, you can ask questions and engage with other virtual learners in real time.
Victor M. Toy, CSP, CIH, FAIHA
Vic Toy is president and principal consultant for Insyst OH&S, a consulting company specializing in safety and health management systems. Toy founded the firm following more than 30 years in industry and government sectors, most recently as IBM’s leader in global health and safety transformation, strategy and policy development. He has published and presented frequently at major conferences and is active in the safety and industrial hygiene professional community. Toy served as vice chair of the ANSI/ASSP Z10 Committee on occupational health and safety management systems as well as chair of the U.S. Technical Advisory Group and delegate to ISO’s Project Committee 283 on occupational health and safety management systems including ISO 45001 (OSHMS). He was also a member of the committee producing ISO 45005 on Covid pandemic guidelines and ISO 45006 on Guidelines for preventing and managing infectious diseases. He was also a contributor to AIHA’s 2006 document on the IH’s role in Pandemics.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ASSP professional development, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ASSP’s use and distribution of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audio tapes of such events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures