What You Will Learn
- Describe the current state of COVID-19 and infectious disease risks in the workplace
- Examine employers’ legal obligations related to infectious diseases such as COVID-19
- Identify best practices that you can use to mitigate the risk of infectious disease in your workplaces
Length & Time
1 day - 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM CST
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Beginner: 0-4 years
Our Live Virtual Classroom provides all the benefits of face-to-face instruction without the travel time. If you have a computer with a camera, audio and internet access, you’re ready to learn wherever you are at exactly the same time as other attendees. Instructors can see you and you can see them. Plus, you can ask questions and engage with other virtual learners in real time.
Deborah R. Roy, M.P.H., R.N., CSP, COHN-S, CET, FASSP, FAAOHN
Deborah Roy is President of SafeTech Consultants Inc., consulting globally on health management systems, Total Worker Health®, risk assessment and infectious disease safety. For 12 years, she was corporate director of health, safety and wellness at L.L.Bean where she led staff and programs that impacted 10,000 employees globally. Roy has an M.P.H. in Occupational Health and Safety and a B.S. in Nursing. A CSP since 1998 and a Fellow of ASSP and American Association of Occupational Health Nurses, she was ASSP’s 2020-21 president and presented on COVID-19 safety virtually to OSH professionals around the globe during 2020 and 2021. Roy also presented multiple keynotes virtually on pandemic response and the resulting leadership opportunities for safety professionals.
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ASSP professional development, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ASSP’s use and distribution of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audio tapes of such events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures