What You Will Learn
- Establish guidelines and requirements for a managed fall protection program
- Eliminate or establish controls for fall hazards.
- Develop a procedure for fall protection system use and rescue
- Demonstrate the tasks necessary to manage an incident investigation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a managed fall protection program
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Beginner: 0-4 years
Intermediate: 5-10 years
Online-Instructor-Led: As a virtual learner, you’ll receive all the benefits of face-to-face instruction, eliminate travel cost and time, while learning in a structured way whether at work, at home or at another convenient location. To participate fully, you will need a computer with audio/video capability and a reliable internet connection.
During this four-week online course, you will connect with your peers in group discussions, participate in interactive learning activities, review instructional videos and complete assignments.
Each Monday throughout the duration of the course, your instructor will hold a 60-minute online meeting from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. CT. These meetings are designed to facilitate group work, share expert knowledge, answer questions, provide feedback and offer active learning support.
Standard (s) included: ANSI/ASSP Z359.2-2017 Minimum Requirements for a Comprehensive Fall Protection Program
Thomas Kramer, P.E., CSP, Chair, Z359 Committee Principal, LJB, chairs the Z359 Fall Protection Committee. He is a dually registered professional engineer and certified safety professional and is well-respected for his efforts is to improve safety and reduce risks for workers at heights. He specializes in the assessment and design of fall protection systems. Much of his career has focused on consulting with clients on the investigation and renovation of facilities, which often requires extensive and creative structural and safety modifications. His specialties include fall protection consulting, fall protection training, fall protection system design, fall hazard risk assessments, project management, national conference presenter
By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures