What You Will Learn
- Identify machine safety hazards and gain insight in how to identify hazards specific to your industry
- Examine the concept of risk as it applies to machine safety and learn how to determine initial risk (risk before any safety features are considered for the machine) based on clear and unambiguous criteria
- Analyze how the selected risk-reduction measures affect safety in order to select the best option
- Discuss how the combination of initial risk and selected risk reduction measures yields residual risk (risk after safety features are considered for the machine) and review how to determine acceptable risk
- Examine safety requirements for the design and integration of safety-related parts of control systems to ensure the correct levels of safety are used in selecting risk-reduction measures
- Identify ways to prioritize risk-reduction measures when addressing existing operational machines with multiple hazards of the same risk level
Length & Time
1 day - 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM CST
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Intermediate: 5-10 years
Live Virtual Classroom
Gary J. Garrahan, CHMM
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ASSP professional development, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ASSP’s use and distribution of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audio tapes of such events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures