What You Will Learn
- Review the requirements to take the CHST certification exam, evaluate your knowledge of content covered in the exam and develop an individual study plan to prepare for the exam
- Recognize steps to establish a safety management system using OSHA general industry and construction standards, as well as ANSI and ISO consensus standards
- Examine construction health hazards, industrial toxicology, fall protection, power tools, electricity, cranes and derricks, PPE, and proper labeling and handling of chemicals used on construction sites
- Recognize best practices for recordkeeping, job hazard analysis, prejob safety plans, investigation of incidents, site inspections, regulatory inspections and audits
- Examine successful hazard communication and training plans (including the Globally Harmonized System)
Length & Time
3 day - 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM MST
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Intermediate: 5-10 years
Live Virtual Classroom
Steven P. Pereira, CSP
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ASSP professional development, constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ASSP’s use and distribution of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audio tapes of such events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures