What You Will Learn
- Use systems thinking to maximize effectiveness when establishing and implementing a management system
- Identify the assumptions and mental models that significantly impact your organization’s occupational safety and health efforts
- Recognize the major elements of a management system and their interdependencies.
- Plan improvement actions that focus on the whole system
- Recognize employees as a source of safety resilience and improvement
- Integrate elements of ANSI/ASSP Z10-2019 with other systems such as ISO 9001, 14000 and 45001, and OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Programs and Process Safety Management standard
Levels (Experience with Topic)
Intermediate: 5-10 years
Online Course (Instructor-Led)
Standard(s) included (will be found under My Digital Products in My account after purchase):
James C. Howe, CSP
James Howe is chair of the ANSI/ASSP Z10 Committee and a member of the leadership team for the U.S. Technical Advisory Group to ISO Project Committee 283 that publishes ISO 45001, the international standard on occupational health and safety management systems. Howe is president of Safety Solutions, a consulting firm that specializes in management systems and the application of systems thinking to safety and health. He is a recognized expert in machinery and equipment risk assessment, safety and health management system improvement, incident investigation and regulatory compliance.
By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures