What You Will Learn
- Use appropriate risk assessment terminology.
- Describe the hazard analysis and risk assessment process
- Differentiate between qualitative and semi-quantitative risk assessment methods.
- Evaluate various risk assessment methodologies.
- Summarize risk prioritization concepts, integrated risk assessment tools, and identify risk reduction opportunities to effectively manage risk.
Georgi Popov, Ph.D., QEP, SMS, CMC, holds a doctorate in chemistry from National Scientific Board (Bulgaria) and an M.S. in Nuclear Instrumentation Building/Engineering Physics from Defense University (Bulgaria). He is a professor in the School of Environmental Physical and Applied Sciences at University of Central Missouri (UCM). Popov is a member of ASSP’s Heart of America Chapter and was named its Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) in 2015. He received the ASSP Region V SPY Award in 2016 and was named ASSP's Outstanding Safety Educator in 2017. He is lead author of “Risk Assessment: A Practical Guide for Assessing Operational Risk” published by John Wiley & Sons in 2016 and he is also co-author “Risk Management Tools for Safety Professionals” published by ASSP in August 2018.
By registering for our professional development events, you consent to the use and distribution of your image or voice in photographs, videos, audio and other electronic reproductions of our events and activities.
Attendees also agree to adhere to ASSP’s Code of Professional Conduct. ASSP reserves the right to remove attendees not behaving consistent with the Code of Conduct.
- We will grant full refunds to those who submit written requests within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing email@example.com.
- Learners who register but do not attend their course, or who attempt to cancel after the deadline, will not receive a refund.
- If learning resources such as standards or videos are included in the registration price of your course and you access those resources using your ASSP My Learning account prior to the course’s start date, you will be ineligible for a refund.
- We charge a $25 processing fee for substitutions.
- Submit substitutions in writing within 10 business days of the start date of the course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If pricing for the new attendee changes the total cost of attending the event, we will charge or refund you the difference.
- We reserve the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
- If, for any reason, we must cancel a course or event, liability is limited solely to the registration fees paid.
- We are not responsible for other expenses incurred, including travel and accommodation fees for in-person courses.
Please click here for the full education policies and procedures