What You Will Learn:
- Use appropriate risk assessment terminology.
- Describe the hazard analysis and risk assessment process
- Differentiate between qualitative and semi-quantitative risk assessment methods.
- Evaluate various risk assessment methodologies.
- Summarize risk prioritization concepts, integrated risk assessment tools, and identify risk reduction opportunities to effectively manage risk.
Dr. Georgi Popov
Georgi Popov, Ph.D., QEP, SMS, CMC, holds a doctorate in chemistry from National Scientific Board (Bulgaria) and an M.S. in Nuclear Instrumentation Building/Engineering Physics from Defense University (Bulgaria). He is a professor in the School of Environmental Physical and Applied Sciences at University of Central Missouri (UCM). Popov is a member of ASSP’s Heart of America Chapter and was named its Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) in 2015. He received the ASSP Region V SPY Award in 2016 and was named ASSP's Outstanding Safety Educator in 2017. He is lead author of “Risk Assessment: A Practical Guide for Assessing Operational Risk” published by John Wiley & Sons in 2016 and he is also co-author “Risk Management Tools for Safety Professionals” published by ASSP in August 2018.
Registrants of an ASSP in-person classroom course or online course who cancel within 10 working days of the start date will receive a tuition refund less a $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the course will not receive a refund. For ASSP courses for which learning resources such as standards or videos are made available, refunds cannot be granted after the material components have been accessed or downloaded from ASSP Academy. ASSP charges a $25 processing fee for substitutions. ASSP reserves the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.