- Examine comprehension of the SMS domain areas and form the foundation of knowledge and skills required for SMS certification.
- Practice valuable success strategies for passing the SMS exam.
- Recognize OSH management system concepts.
- Identify risk management concepts.
- Address physical, chemical, ergonomics, and workplace safety issues to recognize and control those stressors.
- Apply incident investigation and emergency preparedness concepts to calculate incident and injury rates.
- Effectively communicate business impact of safety issues to upper management.
This course is intended for all OSH professionals.
4 weeks asynchronous
LearnEx is our platform for delivering formal education programs to you entirely online. It allows for the same level of skill-building and engagement you expect in face-to-face training, without having to travel to a formal classroom. Take advantage of online interactive video lectures, virtual discussions, interactive games and scenario-based/real-world assessments to advance your understanding of safety and drive results at your organization.
James "Skipper" Kendrick, CSP
Named by Occupational Hazards magazine as one of the most influential safety leaders of the last decade and a member of Industrial Safety and Hygiene News Power 101, James "Skipper" Kendrick, CSP, has vast experience in the fields of safety, education and training. Prior to forming Kendrick Global Enterprises LLC, he was the director of global EHS training for Textron Inc., a global conglomerate with brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, E Z GO, Kautex and Textron Defense and Land Systems.
Kendrick holds a B.S. in Industrial Technology, with a safety option, from Louisiana State University. He is a professional member of ASSP and he is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
Kendrick is an ASSP Fellow, the Society's highest honor. He was named ASSP’s Edgar Monsanto Queeny Safety Professional of the Year Award in 2000 and was recently inducted into the Region III ASSP Hall of Fame. He also has been recognized as Bongarde SafetyXchange’s National Safety Trainer of the Year.
Registrants of an ASSP in-person classroom course or LearnEx online course who cancel within 10 working days of the start date will receive a refund less a $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the course will not receive a refund. For ASSP courses for which learning resources such as standards or videos are made available, refunds cannot be granted after the material components have been accessed or downloaded from ASSP My Learning. ASSP charges a $25 processing fee for substitutions. ASSP reserves the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.