• Examine the SMS domain areas and form the foundation of knowledge and skills required for SMS certification
• Practice valuable success strategies for passing the SMS exam
• Recognize OSH management system concepts including key performance indicators, goal setting and prioritization, and safety training needs assessment
• Identify risk management concepts such as hazard prevention and control, job hazard analysis versus risk assessment methods, prevention through design, liability, insurance and risk reduction through the hierarchy of controls
• Address physical, chemical, ergonomics and workplace safety issues to recognize and control those stressors
• Apply incident investigation and emergency preparedness concepts to calculate incident and injury rates
• Effectively communicate business impact of safety issues to upper management using tools such as cost/benefit analysis, cost indicators, budgeting, multi-employer work sites, safety committees and risk management
This course is appropriate for all OSH professionals.
James 'Skipper' Kendrick, CSP
Registrants of an ASSP in-person classroom course or LearnEx online course who cancel within 10 working days of the start date will receive a tuition refund less a $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the course will not receive a refund. For ASSP courses for which learning resources such as standards or videos are made available, refunds cannot be granted after the material components have been accessed or downloaded from ASSP Academy. ASSP charges a $25 processing fee for substitutions. ASSP reserves the right to cancel any course at any time and to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.