- Use appropriate risk management terminology
- Describe the hazard analysis and risk assessment process
- Differentiate between qualitative and semi-quantitative risk assessment and risk management methods
- Evaluate various risk assessment and risk management methodologies
- Learn how to select, modify, apply and combine various risk management tools to effectively communicate risk.
- Summarize risk prioritization concepts, integrated risk assessment tools, and identify risk reduction opportunities to effectively manage risk.
Risk Management Tools for Safety Professionals Book by Georgi Popov and Bruce Lyon.
Georgi Popov, Ph.D., QEP, SMS, CMC, holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from National Scientific Board (Bulgaria) and an M.S. in Nuclear Instrumentation Building/Engineering Physics from Defense University (Bulgaria). He is a professor in the School of Environmental Physical and Applied Sciences at University of Central Missouri (UCM). Popov is a member of ASSE’s Heart of America Chapter and recipient of the chapter’s 2015 Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) award and 2016 ASSE Region V SPY award. In 2017 Dr. Popov received ASSE Outstanding Safety Educator award. He is a lead of the text book “Risk Assessment: A Practical Guide for Assessing Operational Risk” published by John Wiley & Sons in 2016. He is also a co-author of the book “Risk Management Tools for Safety Professionals” to be published in August 2018 by ASSP.
Bruce Lyon, is Director of Risk Control with Hays Cos., a commercial insurance brokerage firm. He holds a B.S. in Industrial Safety and an M.S. in Occupational Safety Management/Fire Science from the University of Central Missouri. Lyon is a professional member and past president of ASSE’s Heart of America Chapter and a recipient of the Region V Safety Professional of the Year Award. He is advisory board chair to the University of Central Missouri’s Safety Sciences Program and co-author of the text book “Risk Assessment: A Practical Guide for Assessing Operational Risk” published by John Wiley & Sons. In 2018 Mr. Lyon received BCSP CSP Award of Excellence. He is also the lead author of the book “Risk Management Tools for Safety Professionals” to be published in August 2018 by ASSP.
Post webinar evaluation.
No refunds may be granted for live webinars or on-demand videos after the training product has been accessed and completed.